Vocational Education Curriculum Portfolio Home Page
1. Using a map, locate your school and mark the location on the map.
2. Using a compass, draw a circle with a quarter inch radius around your school location.
3. Make concentric circles with your compass using 1/2", 3/4" and 1" radii. Answer the questions from #2 for each new radius.
4. How far would you have to travel to a job of your choice? How would your travel time be altered by traffic, weather and topography?
5. How much time are you willing to spend traveling to work each day?
6. Discuss how travel, transportation and parking costs might deplete your earnings.
Ohio's Career Development Program
(Decision Making/Goal Setting; Self Awareness; Math/Geometry; Geography)
Uploaded by: Jessica Soltesz/Kent State University/Deaf Education Major