Internet for Newbies - K.S.U. - Summer '96
College of Continuing Studies
- Information Packet
- Registration/Credit Information
An Initial Look at Essential Internet Technologies
- Become familiar with Lab computers features.
- Find & activate Netscape on a computer.
- Use Netscape to:
- Explore target Web sites.
- Determine the hardware, software and an Internet Service Provider you will need to access the Net
Development of Personal Net Plan
- Identify the initial/upgrade hardware, software and Internet Service Provider you will need to access the Net.
Needed Hardware: __________________
Needed Software: ____________________
Needed Internet Service Provider: _________________
(i.e., what & where you could satisfy need)
- Identify 3-5 topics (i.e., fun and/or professional) on which you are very interested and would like to gain more information.
Development of Working Groups
- Find 2-4 individuals who share common interest.
- As a group:
- decide upon a name
- list your topical interests
- discuss how such interest may match with K-12 curricular needs
- decide upon a spokesperson for the group
- Groups share their resulting information.
- Class discuss how our interest and Net work can/will be used to enrich K-12 instructional and curricular opportunities.
- Review of the information that has been presented today.
- Review of the activities that students have carried out.
- Identification of what we will do tomorrow.
- Identification of student access to the computer Lab before and after class.
- Q & A
Class is Over for Today!
- Lab opens at 8:00 a.m.
- Class starts at 9:00 in room 208