Created By: Gretchen Zehnder
Are there support groups for families with a child
having CHARGE Sydrome?
- This website was created to inform educators about CHARGE Syndrome and the educational
aspects/issues the educational team must consider when working with families that have a
child diagnosed with CHARGE Syndrome.
- The website consists of a series of questions regarding CHARGE Syndrome, its effects on
children, and educational implications of the syndrome. Also included under each question
is a synthesis of information, personal insight, and other resources that may be helpful
to educators and parents of the children with CHARGE Syndrome.
- What is CHARGE Syndrome?
- What are the characteristics of CHARGE in
CHARGE Syndrome and hearing loss?
- Percent of population diagnosed with CHARGE?
- Recurrence in families?
- Gender? Ethnicity?
- Common degrees of disability?
What are the educational implications for a family
with CHARGE Syndrome? Early intervention programs?
- What type and degree of loss?
Kent State Summer Program Information
- CHARGE Syndrome family support groups
|Contact Information: || ||
If you'd like to comment or have further questions|
website please email me at