Use what you know from the potato doughnuts recipe to color a picture about Alaska. Take a picture and the crayons from the pocket. Listen to the clues to find out what colors to use.
1. If you add the same amount of mashed potatoes and sugar, color the flag blue. If you add different amounts, color the flag yellow.
2. If you beat the eggs, melted butter, and milk until it=s runny, color the map orange. If you beat them until they=re fluffy, color the map green.
3. If you sift the flour, baking powder, and nutmeg together, color the boots brown. If you sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together, color the boots black.
4. If you drain, dust with sugar, and then serve the doughnuts, color the circle behind the map red. If you drain, dust with sugar, and then let them get room temperature before serving, color the circle orange.
5. If you roll out the dough 1/6 inch thick and cut out doughnuts with a cookie cutter, color the footprints brown. If you heat the oil to 360E and carefully drop the doughnuts in, color the footprints black.
You picture should look something like this: