Special Education Teacher of the Deaf
Based Upon Experience
Monday - Friday, 7:50 a.m. to 3:33 p.m.
Term of Employment:
Minimum Requirements: Deaf Education Endorsement and Sign Language Skills at the Intermediate Plus or above level as measured on the Sign Communication Proficiency Interview.
Preferred Requirement: Additional special education endorsement
such as EI; LD; MI; and SXI.
Summary of Work and Responsibilities:
Four positions are currently available.
1. Early Elementary-2 Positions Available
2. Middle School
3. Special Opportunities Program
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
In addition to regular teaching skills:
1. Ability to individualize lessons.
2. Ability to develop a cross-curricular language arts program.
3. Ability to devise behavior management plan.
Request/Submit Application To:
Alex Davlantes, Executive Director
Michigan School for the Deaf
1667 Miller Road
Flint, MI 48503