Middle School Language Arts Teacher
To be determined
Full-time, Nine-month Position
Term of Employment:
This is a probationary appointment to begin on January 17, 2001.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education and Deaf Education.
2. Valid South Dakota Teacher Certification with endorsements in Middle School Language Arts.
3. Work Experience with Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Children.
4. Successful applicant will be required to take the SCPI examination and be
able to achieve an Intermediate rating within first two years of employment.
Desired Qualifications or Willingness to Learn or Train:
1. Council on Education of the Deaf (CED) Certification.
Summary of Work and Responsibilities:
1. Provide classroom instruction.
2. Perform other duties as requested, which are pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the program.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
Incumbent will be required to take the Tuberculosis Skin Test;
undergo a Background Investigation; and submit a certification of health
signed by a licensed physician within 10 days after first being employed.
Request/Submit Application To:
Send Resume, Transcripts, and Credentials to:
South Dakota School for the Deaf
2001 East 8th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57103-1899
(605) 367-5200 (Voice/TDD)
Uploaded By: Kim Williams/Kent State University/Deaf Education