Secondary Teacher of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
To be determined by education and experience.
Term of Employment:
This is a probationary appointment to begin on January 17, 2001.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Education and Deaf Education.
2. Valid South Dakota Teacher's Certificate, with endorsements in Science and Math.
3. Work Experience with Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Children.
4. Successful applicant will be required to take the SCPI examination and be able to achieve an Intermediate rating within
first two years of employment.
Desired Qualifications or Willingness to Learn or Train:
1. Council on Education of the Deaf (CED) Certification.
Summary of Work and Responsibilities:
Reports to: Principal
1. Provide classroom instruction.
2. Perform other duties as requested which are pertinent to the effective and
efficient operation of the middle school program.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
Incumbent will be required to take the Tuberculosis Skin Test;
undergo a Background Investigation; and submit a certification of health
signed by a licensed physician within 10 days after first being employed.
Request/Submit Application To:
Send Resume, Transcripts, and Credentials to:
Personnel Office at the South Dakota School for the Deaf
2001 East 8th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57103-1899
(605) 367-5200 (Voice/TDD)
Uploaded by Kim Williams/Kent State University/Deaf Education Major