Bright Spot Project
HANDOUT AND VIDEO-BASED EXPLANATIONS OF THE "BRIGHT SPOT" PROJECT
QUESTIONS ASKED OF "BRIGHT SPOTS"
- What is your current "role/position" and a brief deception of your work with children with disabilities and the topic of child abuse and neglect?
- Frequently Encountered Problems & Solutions
- What are one to three "Frequently Encountered Problems" you have experienced and addressed in your work with children with disabilities and the topic of child abuse and neglect?
- Key Resources
- What are one to three resources, e.g., Web sites, agencies, texts, etc., that you have found to be particularly helpful in your work with children with disabilities and the topic of child abuse and neglect?
- Areas of Topical Resource
- What are one to three areas, or topics on which you would be willing share information concerning with children with disabilities and the topic of child abuse and neglect?
- Early Childhood Educator
- Catherine Corr, Doris Duke Fellow, & Assistant Professor, Dept. of Special Education, University of IL, Urbana-Champaign
- Poppy Steele, Executive Director/President at Sign Club Co, Author & Educational Interpreter
- Clinical Psychologist
- Rebecca Plesko-Dubois, Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind CAP Project Coordinator
- Forensic Interviewers
- Holly Bridenbaugh, Child Interviewer/Regional Service Provider Coordinator - CARES Northwest
- Janet DesGeorges / Video Segments, Parent & Director of Outreach for Hands & Voices
- Sara Kennedy / Video Segments, Parent & Assistant Director/CO Hands & Voices
- Chresta Brinkman / Video Segments, Parent, Teacher, & CO Statewide Unilateral Hearing Loss Parent Coordinator for Hands & Voices
- Jessica Gituma, Program Specialist - Child Care Resource & Referral in Oskaloosa IA
- Dr. Kris English, Professor of Audiology - University of Akron
- Caroline Guardino / Video Segments, Deaf Education Teacher Preparation - Faculty - University of North Florida
- Harold Johnson, Deaf Education Teacher Preparation - Faculty - Michigan State University
- Lawrence Hayes / Video Segments, American Sign Language & Interpreting - Faculty - Eastern Kentucky University
- Gabe Lomas, Counseling - Faculty - Western Connecticut State University
- Christine Pawleski, Special Education - Faculty - Teachers College - Columbia University