Objectives 2.3/1.2: Technology Competence/Faculty Competence
Team's Location Map
Shelley Popson Ardis
Resource Materials & Technology Center: D/HH
904-827-2337 V / 904-827-2338 F
IP Address: 18.104.22.168
Eastern Kentucky University
859-622-1043 V / 859-622-4443 F
IP Address: na
Illinois State University
309-438-8988 V / 309-438-8699 F
IP Address: 22.214.171.124
Utah State University
IP Address: na
You are invited to become involved! Following is a selection of possible activities for these Objectives:
You are invited to:
- Share with us the names of your programís preservice teachers who are deaf/hard of hearing so that we may invite them to be
interviewed regarding their use of technologies.
- Assist us in recruiting preservice teachers and college/university faculty (and possibly volunteer yourself!) to participate in study
Objectives' Overall Goals (as outlined in grant proposal):
- Conduct a needs assessment of d/hh teacher education faculty to determine their technological competencies and knowledge and use of multimedia curricular resources. Outcome: Baseline empirical data.
- Conduct research concerning the technological competencies and multimedia curricular resources that are needed for effective instruction and increased academic achievement of PK-12 students who are d/hh. Outcome: Increase in the knowledge base.
- Disseminate resulting research and offer professional development support for the use of the research information to d/hh teacher preparation faculty. Outcome: Increase in d/hh teacher education facultyís knowledge and use of effective technologies and multimedia curricular resources.
- Conduct follow-up research on the impact of the disseminated research information, the professional development support for faculty integration of these technological competencies and multimedia curricular resources into d/hh teacher preparation program designs and the instruction of preservice teachers that result in increased academic achievement of PK-12 students who are d/hh. Outcome: Empirical evidence.
- Disseminate the follow-up research concerning faculty integration of technological competencies and multimedia curricular resources into d/hh teacher preparation programs designs and the instruction of preservice teachers that results in increased academic achievement of PK-12 students who are d/hh. Outcome: Increase in the magnitude of the grantís impact by assisting institutions of higher education (IHEs) in informing faculty of the existence and use of effective technologies and multimedia curricular resources to prepare preservice teachers and to reform teacher preparation.
Page last updated: 10/24/05