Objective 2.2: Content Competence
Team's Location Map
Georgia State University
IP Address: 188.8.131.52
Hunter College CUNY
212-772-4702 V / 212-650-3207 TTY
IP Address: na
University of Tennessee
IP Address: na
You are invited to become involved! Following is a selection of possible activities for this Objective:
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation (12-15 slides), including video clips, outlining how to implement a strategy. Note: this activity is eligible for up to two
“Choices” - one to model teacher and one for technical support.
- Review, pilot and provide feedback on three strategy modules.
- Case Study opportunities (eligible for two Choices) to include:
- Develop assessment rubric based on TTL format, an assigned student,and an assigned standard.
- Answer questions pre and post study.
- Assist student teacher in developing and implementing a lesson plan tying standard to a specific practice.
Objective's Overall Goals (as outlined in grant proposal):
- Conduct a needs assessment of the content best practices (standards-based content resources and content-specific strategies) that have been empirically demonstrated to increase student academic (i.e., literacy, mathematics and science) achievement for ALL PK-12 students. Outcome: Baseline empirical data.
- Conduct research concerning the use of the content best practices (content resources and content-specific strategies) that have been empirically demonstrated to increase academic (i.e., literacy, mathematics and science) achievement by master teachers (MT) of students who are d/hh and within d/hh teacher preparation programs. Outcome: Increase in the knowledge base.
- Disseminate resulting research and offer professional development support for the use of the research information to d/hh preservice teachers, their faculty, MT and the entire community of practice (CoP). Outcome: Increase in knowledge base and use of content best practices by d/hh preservice teachers, their faculty and MT.
- Conduct follow-up research on the impact of the disseminated information on d/hh teacher preparation programs and their preservice teachers’ demonstration of content best practices competence. Outcome: Empirical evidence.
- Disseminate the follow-up research concerning the integration of standards-based content resources and content-specific strategies information into d/hh teacher preparation programs and d/hh preservice teachers’ content best practices competence. Outcome: Increase in the magnitude of the grant’s impact by assisting institutions of higher education (IHEs) in informing their faculty of the existence and use of content best practices that enhance the academic performance of students who are d/hh.
Page last updated: 07/21/06