Join Together Deaf Ed. Project
The Join Together Deaf Education Project ended 09/30/07.
NOTE: Contact information contained in the archived documents and presentations may not be current. Please direct any questions to:
This project, entitled Join Together: A Nationwide On-Line Community of Practice and Professional Development School Dedicated to Instructional Effectiveness and Academic Excellence within Deaf/Hard of Hearing Education, was funded through a U.S. Department of Education Preparing Tomorrows Teachers to Use Technology (PT3) grant awarded in 2003 to the Association of College Educators of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (ACE-D/HH).
Opportunities for Involvement
- Goals & Objectives Overview - an overview of the work done under this Project's Objectives.
- Master Teacher Project - visit this page to learn more about the project or to nominate an exceptional preK-12 teacher as a Master Teacher.
- Cyber Mentor Project - volunteer a bit of your time and knowledge to our nation's pre-service teachers; visit this page to learn more and to submit an application.
Join Together Project Activities & Information
- General Information
- MN Conference for Deaf Education Teachers - “Teachers as Critical Resources for Success" (PPT) and “Teachers as Critical Resources for Success" (PDF) - H. Johnson, presentation to MN Conference for Deaf Education Teachers (Ruttgers Bay Lake Lodge, MN, 04/18/08).
- NC 2008 Language, Learning and Deafness Symposium - “Stories, Strategies & Resources For Success" - H. Johnson, presentation to NC 2008 Symposium (Chapel HIll, NC, 03/28/08).
- ITHI Conference 2007 - “Understanding, Valuing, Enhancing, and Building Upon How Teachers Learn" - H. Johnson, presentation to ITHI (Illinois Teachers of Hard of Hearing/Deaf Individuals) (Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale, IL, 03/03/07).
- FEHI Conference 2006 - Join Together: Connecting, Collaborating, and Making a Difference - H. Johnson, presentation to FEHI (Florida Educators of Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Individuals) (Altamonte Springs, FL, 11/18/06).
- State Leaders Summit: Making a Commitment to Systems Change in Deaf Education - H. Johnson, presentation to State Leaders Summit (Riverside, CA, 5/16/06).
- Advisory Board Meetings, Denver, 15-16 February 2006
- Classrooms as Learning Portals: Teachers and Students as Learners - H. Johnson, presentation at An International Symposium: Instructional Technology and Education of the Deaf (NTID, New York, 06/27/05).
- Virtual Professional Development School and Community of Learners for Deaf Education - H. Johnson, presentation to National Symposium on Deafness (South Dakota, 10/19/03).
- Proposal & Reports
Page Updated: 4/14/08